Explore Brockholes, find the markers, complete the challenge and have fun together!
About the event
Explore Brockholes, find the markers, complete the challenge and have fun together! Brought to you in partnership with British Orienteering, Xplorer is the perfect outdoor activity to get the whole family outside in the fresh air together! There are certificates for those completing the challenge along with a sweet treat!
There are 2 courses available:
The markers you need to find are located on or next to surfaced paths and the route is pram friendly. The markers are in number order and form a circular route and is perfect for those who are new to Brockholes or to orienteering or visiting with younger children. For October Half Term, the markers are Halloween themed.
This course represents more of a challenge and you will need to use your navigation skills to track down the markers located across the reserve! Not suitable for prams.
This is an outdoor activity. You will need to come dressed for the weather conditions wearing sturdy footwear. Children must be accompanied and supervised by an adult.
Each map pack contains - One map (either challenge 1 or 2), one answer sheet, a Brockholes Pencil and full instructions. On completion you will receive the answers, a certificate and a sweet treat! Please ensure that you book the number/type of packs you require for your family group.
Important Covid-19 measures
- You MUST book ONE household group/social bubble time slot for your group. This is so that we can limit the numbers taking part and allow for social distancing on the route. These tickets are free of charge. You will not be able to take part in the event without booking a ticket for your household/social bubble.
- You will then need to book the number of map packs that you require for both challenge 1 and 2. Packs can be collected from outside the Welcome Centre at any time during your booked time slot.
- You may only participate in the activity with members of your household/social bubble to a maximum of 6 people. This includes adults and children of any age.
- If you are intending booking on behalf of business or organisation e.g. youth group, holiday club, childcare provider please contact us at email@example.com so that we can assist you with your booking.
- Your pack will include a comprehensive instruction sheet covering all the procedures that you will all need to follow whilst taking part in the activity. Please read this through before setting off.
- We are required to collect your contact details so that you can be contacted if needed by the NHS Test and Trace programme. Your details will be held securly under GDPR for up to 21 days.